You’ve wanted to update your website for the longest time, but couldn’t justify the expense, didn’t have the cash-flow available to get it done? Or simply the prices you were getting quoted just didn’t seem worthwhile? Camden Council’s got the grant you’re looking for!
Camden Council recognises that businesses in the Camden Local Government Area (LGA) are being impacted during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The is to address the challenges faced by local small businesses that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Grant will make funding available to sole traders and small businesses located in the Camden LGA who are trying to pivot their operations in response to COVID-19.
The Grant is designed to assist with the application of digital solutions or upgrades in order for a business to adapt their offering and/or service delivery for business continuity.
A total of up to $15,000 (ex. GST) is available for each eligible application. Funds may be used for digital adaptation initiative including, but not limited to, purchase of software or the innovation of processes, or engagement of third parties to provide services supporting businesses.
Applications close 31st May, 2020
To be eligible for funding, a business must:
- Conduct primary business operations within the Camden LGA; and
- Be a sole trader or small business with an annual turnover of up to $2,000,000; and
- Commit to deliver the digital adaptation or innovation project (the project) within three months of receipt of grant funds.
The following criteria will form the basis of assessment:
- Demonstrate how the business has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate how the digital upgrade or innovation will facilitate business continuity or adaptability through the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate the capacity to undertake and deliver the project within three months of receipt of grant funds; and
- Detail the expenses that the requested grant will cover.
This funding is only available as a one-off to each eligible business. Applications for recurrent funding will not be considered.
- Applications should provide information to meet the eligibility criteria.
- All supporting documentation is to be provided with the application form.
- Evidence of where money will be spent through documentation (e.g. quotes) should also be submitted with the application.
- Note: there are a number of mandatory fields when filling out your application and a list of mandatory documents in section 4 – it is recommended you have these documents on hand before beginning your application.